Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Workin' It Wednesday


Today I am linking up with Shay & Erika for Workin' It Wednesday!
Today's topic is Making Your Home Cozy!

Fall and the Holiday season is when I feel like my house feels the coziest! (I can't wait to get that Christmas tree up!!!) But I do love a good cozy porch in the Spring and Summer as well! This is the screened in section of the back porch and I love it out there! Sitting in there while the rain comes down reading a good book is one of my favorites!

The under cabinet lighting in the kitchen is one of my favorites! If I am home and the sun is not out (we have a lot of natural light in our kitchen)... these lights are on. I just don't think you can get cozier than that!

When I was in college, I remember someone telling me they used lamps instead of overhead lights and that stuck with me. I wake up and turn lamps on, and my husband comes behind me and turns them off... but I usually win in the end!
Also... I think a good lush rug makes any room feel warmer and cozier!
I LOVE candles! I feel like lit candles are so cozy and welcoming to guests. I do have some family members that are sensitive to candle scents so I use the flameless candles a lot as well! (I think I have a candle on just about every table, counter, or space in my home. Love them!) Bath & Body Works candles are just about my favorite!

What could be more cozy than a basket full of cozy blankets and throws? I have a few on my couches, but also this big basket in case anyone needs a spare!

I also think having a warm drink to curl up on the couch with is just cozy. I set up this little coffee and hot tea station for a little get together and never took it down because I love it so much!

Lamps.. Check.
Candles.. Check.
Blankets.. Check.
Coffee.. Check.
Cozy Factor... Check. Check. Check.

I loved sharing my cozy ideas with you... what are some things that you do to make your house more cozy? I can't wait to hear!
XOXO,
T




No comments:

Post a Comment