Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Who I Am

After years of completely sporadic blogging, I’ve decided this is something that I really feel led to do. I assume if I am really going to start this thing, you may want to know who I am… so we shall start there and see where this goes.

First off... WELCOME to my little corner of this big World! My name is Tamra and I am from a little bitty town in Alabama called Rogersville. I am a wife to Jonathan, a fur-mama to Jack and Gypsy Pearl, and a daughter of the King. I love to decorate, DIY, plan, organize, and sometimes exercise. :) I love my family and friends, my fur-babies, a good book, Alabama Football, sappy Hallmark movies, CHRISTMAS, fall, and summer… really just all of the things. 



2016 Family Photo Shoot

After graduating high school in 2006, I went to a local community college and graduated with my Associate's degree in Computer Information Systems. In 2008, I started studying for my undergraduate degree at the University of North Alabama, became a sister of Phi Mu (LIOB!) and graduated in 2010 with a Bachelor's degree in Business and Marketing.

I worked throughout my collegiate career and continued to grow my resume after college. I moved to Huntsville shortly after graduating from UNA and lived with my sister for about a year and a half. Those were some of the most fun days in my life. While living with Terra, she got me into running. How in world she ever got me addicted to running, the world may never know. Then again, if you know Terra you know she is HIGHLY energetic and LOVES to workout. We have a lifelong dream of being on The Amazing Race, which I think we would dominate...as long as one of us doesn't have to swim. ;) I will introduce you to her sometime… she’s a fun one, that’s for sure!

2014 runDisney Princess Glass Slipper Challenge

In 2012, while working and running and having fun, I decided to start school again. After taking only one or two classes per semester, I earned my Master’s degree in Management in May 2015. Less than a week after graduating, Gypsy Pearl came into our lives. Gypsy Pearl made me an official fur-mom and I am kind of smitten… so she will definitely be making her appearance throughout this space. This was my first picture with my baby doll, little did I know just how much she would mean to me!



As if 2015 wasn’t already ground-breaking enough with a graduate degree and a new puppy love… Jonathan proposed in August and we had a “shot-gun” wedding. I’m sure some people thought we HAD to have a shot-gun wedding for other reasons but that wasn’t the case. Sometimes when you know… you know and we were ready to start our lives together! We set the date for November and planned the wedding in 12 weeks. So needless to say 2015 has been SUPER hard to beat so far!



I work in the Information Technology field and commute to work on a daily basis so I listen to lots of audiobooks and podcasts. I do not claim to be, nor am I a professional English major so there will be grammatical errors. (That's a promise!) I fell in love with some amazing skincare last year and chose to promote that brand so you will hear a good bit about that as well! We love to take little road trips and work on DIY projects in our spare time and I can’t wait to bring y'all along for our adventures. So, buckle up and stay tuned. This party blog is about to get jumpin’!

Comment below and let me know a little about you as well! I absolutely love this little community and can't wait to "meet" y'all!

XOXO, T

No comments:

Post a Comment