Tuesday, January 16, 2018

We Bought a [TINY] Home!


Yes, we did!

If you've been following me on Instagram... you already knew this and probably have seen a few details here and there. Today I wanted to share a little bit about it, the demo of the porches before we moved it and some before pictures of the inside! We plan to DIY most of this Tiny Home Renovation until we get worn out anyways! ;) This project is definitely going to be a marathon for us, not a sprint. We don't really have a deadline YET so we will work on it as we have time... which honestly is not often at the moment. 

This is so much fun for me because I love old homes and recognizing the potential they have, designing and decorating. Which means I get to channel my inner Joanna Gaines!! Eeeeekkkk! This tiny home is definitely a FIXER UPPER... so don't be alarmed when you see the before pictures. haha... I absolutely can't wait to see my vision for this place come to life and share it with all of you!

I think the blog posts will be few and far between since we aren't solely working on this, so the best way to stay up to date is to follow me on Instagram and watch my stories. I also have a highlight reel on my IG Profile for the Tiny Home Renovation, so if you miss anything you can go back there!

Ok... now the fun part!! PORCH DEMO DAY!

When we arrived to start demo, the whole porch was still attached (see picture above), along with all the underpinning, etc. So once the guys got the top off of the porch, the ladies took control and knocked out that porch base...board by board, I might add!


MID-DEMO


AFTER DEMO


It was freezing cold, but I was so proud of us!

We had to take the porch down board by board in order to haul the wood off on the trailer since we were about 3 hours from home. The number of screws those people used was unbelievable! I tried to document them, but this is only about half...

So without further ado, welcome to the inside of our Tiny Home! These pictures were taken before we touched anything... so there had been no cleaning or removing of the funk. Some of the funk has now been removed, but that will be in the first update post which will be coming soon!

LIVING ROOM






KITCHEN





BATHROOM


BEDROOM




DOUBLE LOFT



 
 LEFT SIDE (2 photos above)


RIGHT SIDE (overlooking the living room)

Sooooo... that's our little tiny home! All 398 square feet of it! Keep in mind that this baby is about 18 years old now and still in pretty decent shape. It just needs a little love and some updating... maybe a little shiplap. ;) 

Hope you enjoyed it, can't wait to update you on the progress and reveal her all fixed up! 

XOXO,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment