Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Christmas in NYC - Part 2


I am finally back with the last half of our NYC trip… 
That took long enough! 😉

On Thursday, we slept in AGAIN and woke up to a little bit of snow which was so fun because this Alabama girl doesn’t see much of that! Then we took an Uber to Lower Manhattan/Tribeca area and did a bunch of touristy things!


We hopped on the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. If you are going to NYC anytime soon... I recommend this unless you are actually going to the site. It was a FREE 45 minute round trip ride! She was gorgeous but that was the coldest boat ride I have EVER been on! 
My husband put Chap Stick on his cheeks because ‘frostbite’! LOL


We stopped by the Raging Bull on the way to the 9/11 Memorial and Museum.
The 9/11 museum was one of my favorite parts of the trip. 


The time and effort put into this museum absolutely blows my mind. It was laid out so well, so touching and more information than you could take in within one visit. Once you get through security and down to the actual museum, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

The main exhibit did not allow cameras or photography, which is completely understood. If you ever find yourself in NYC with a few hours to burn... I highly recommend going here. 

After the 9/11 museum, we went to the top of the new World Trade Center at One World Observatory. The elevator is cool. The entrance is amazing. The views were breathtaking.

Then somehow we found ourselves in The Oculus, which was pretty neat!
 

Have I mentioned I love NYC?

After an hour and a half Uber ride back to Times Square… three restaurants turning us down because we didn’t have reservations… we finally found this pub. 
 

I’m not sure if it was because we were so stinkin’ hungry… but that food was amazing! Check out J's empty plate! The crowd comes out on Thursday for the weekend. We were not prepared for that many people!
After supper, we walked around Times Square, went to M&M World, and spotted the “18” on display for the New Year’s Eve Ball Drop.

Friday started off with Starbucks, a walk to Macy’s for some shopping... 

the Empire State Building...


and some lunch at a Food truck. Then we headed back to the room to rest and get ready for Friday night in the big city!

On our walk to Radio City Music Hall for the Christmas Spectacular, we spotted….
The Naked Cowboy (it was seriously like 24 degrees.)... 
the beautiful Christmas decorations.
Then…. It started SNOWING. I don’t mean a little bit… y’all. It was COMING DOWN! We walked back around to the Rockefeller Center and experienced the Rockefeller Tree in the snow. 
It was an absolutely magical moment that I will never forget.

Then it was SHOW TIME! This was a check off the bucket list for sure! I have always wanted to see the Rockettes in NYC!

When we got out of the show… snow was literally EVERYWHERE. It was so pretty and I am so glad it snowed while we were there. 

I felt like I was in a Hallmark movie!
We had dinner reservations at The Strip House for our last night/belated 2nd Anniversary dinner. 
Oh. My. Yum. 
After this, we may or may not have stopped back by Juniors for more Strawberry Cheesecake in bed…
The next morning we flew back home! It was a quick, magical, bucket list trip and I am so thankful I got to share that with my hubby! If you’ve never been… you HAVE to go!

When we got home, I gave Gypsy her Statue of Liberty souvenir… 
I think she liked it more than the fact we were back home!

Until next time…
XOXO,
T

No comments:

Post a Comment